Wednesday, May 14, 2008

one dreamy dress

this dress was my mom's. she would have worn it to a highschool prom back in the late 50's. mom was one of those petite girls. she was always trying to put on weight by consuming many milkshakes at the local after school hangout. i must find a photo of her wearing this.
so, we got to thinking that if emma liked it perhaps she could wear it to her grade 8 grad. i knew it was small and i thought this might be the only chance to use it. unfortunately, emma has already outgrown it by about 2 inches in the bodice. what a shame...the colour is so pretty with her blonde hair....
this means i am back to square one, back to sewing her dream dress. it is similar in colour. maybe i will create a few dainty rosebuds and sneak them in somewhere. we want nanny to know we tried. i know she loved this dress and i am sure she had put it away in hopes of it being worn again. nanny, thank you. we are inspired by it.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aww that really is a sweet dress! I'm still wondering if I should buy the vintage dress for Caitlin, or make one. We are almost done with the Grace Kelly dress,and it turned out so pretty,that she could actually wear it to her prom, but I heard a resounding "AW mom, it wouldn't be the same!" So I think I'm going to have to plunk down a sizable chunk of money to get the vintage one.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Leanne,
You have been tagged. You must write a six word memoir on your life's moto. Then tag five more people. Have fun, it took me a while I must say!!

Little Blue Violet said...

O. MY. GoSh !!! This is one of the sweetest vintage dresses I have ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing. This is right up my alley.
Smiles,
DarLy*~