Thursday, June 03, 2010

my muskoka garden


my garden is a work in progress. when i close my eyes i can see what it will look like one day. some folks have the luck of heading out to the nursery to "buy a garden". i've never been that girl.


i collect these little living beauties...a few at a time. some came with me from my last home. i miss the ones i left behind. i miss the gardens i left behind. it was a very different climate. you almost couldn't go wrong. it was a long hot and humid season. i had a very happy garden.



i've had to look at things differently here. it's a harsh winter and a short summer. i have poor soil conditions and i can't forget the deer and bunnies!


it's all not bad news though...if you get down low and take a close look at things...
the color is there. here and there actually. some of it i had nothing to do with!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh I love your bleeding hearts and the white Peony!! I'm a terrible gardener, so I always marvel at what other do.