Saturday, June 18, 2011

a ridiculously simple idea...


i wanted something simple over the fireplace for summer...
something cheap.
something quick.
something easy peasy...
i found a yard of fabric that i thought
would really bring a summer feeling to my room.
i paid about $5 for it.
we had a large white board stashed away
and i thought the size would do...


i duct taped it over the back of the board
(didn't want to see the contrasting frame through the fabric)
*DUCT TAPE PEOPLE*
biggest problem...
do i hang the stripes horizontally
or vertically?


it is LEANING against the wall...
no problem


we'll see how it progresses over the summer
might add some words
or some images
or i might not...
k.i.s.s.
(keep it simple stupid)
xox

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is simple, but very effective.

x

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Looks great clever cookie aint ya! I like the stripes both ways :)

Elizabeth said...

Looks modern and fresh for the summer :)

Shug said...

How neat! I admire people that can just whip something up and be so creative...You are one of these people..I think it really looks great! good job..

lisaroy said...

such a simple idea but I love the impact of the stripes :)

Ava said...

Gorgeous idea , love your roses too , one looks like lamarque a heavily quartered rose with divine fragrance :) You now have a new follower from Australia xx Ava