Saturday, October 22, 2011

discovering...day 22


random photos to share.
the sun came out today.
first day in about 12.
i wrapped a quilt around me
and sat out on a dewy lawn chair.
it was chilly on the toes,
but heavenly on the nose...


it was fresh and misty and sparkly all at the same time.
it was a beautiful thing.
it couldn't have arrived at a better time.
i have been re-charged.


this was the sun rising up...
i was ridiculously happy to say good-morning to her.
all these dark days lately
really sucked the energy out of me.
i usually don't feel it until mid winter...
when i've had enough of the cold
and the short days.
***
thankfully i do see more sun in the forecast...
but just to be safe i'll double the spinach
in my morning smoothie :)

2 comments:

Shug said...

Great Pictures...You guys need sunshine and we need rain..Sure wish it was as simple as blowing real hard and sending sunshine your way...No, I don't really!
God knows what we have need of doesn't He? Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics.
Blessings on this Sunday afternoon.
Shug

lisaroy said...

gorgeous sunrise! I know how you feel about dreary weather sucking the life out of you - after 4 years of it in Ireland, I just felt like I couldn't do it anymore. Barely one dry day a week and such a heaviness in the air. I'm feeling blessed to wake up to sunshine and blue skies everyday now.