Sunday, November 13, 2011

winter is in the air...i can smell it.


we've been very lucky so far...
the snow has held off,
but the other night before i went to bed
i looked out the window and saw this.


...and in the morning
things were looking like a winter wonderland.
it was just the right amount.
no one's day was ruined,
the school buses were still running...
but it was a good reminder that winter
should be arriving any minute now.
kind of got me excited to pull out the
christmas pretties.
(you know how i love them)


last night i went into town
and brought my camera.
(jann was in town...)
after grocery shopping
i stopped to get this shot.
i just stood there,
convinced that there was no way
that i could capture the beauty
of the moonlit lake.
a shooting star flashed across the sky
and inspired me to at least try.
...i love this place...
even with winter on it's way.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

That shot is beautiful! Wow - we live in such different places. We have to travel hours to get to snow...and sometimes it's not even real, but man-made!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots, Leanne!! I tried to comment before & it wasn't going through... so let's see if this works :o) I hope your week is going well! xo

Shug said...

Great shot. I sure wish I could smell winter in the air here in Texas.

lisaroy said...

wow- beautiful shot! I've never managed to get very good night shots. That's the one thing about snow - it definitely gets you in the holiday spirit! Kinda hard to think Christmas around here when I'm lunching on patios. Though I have been looking for a few simple decorations that will give just enough of a holiday vibe.

And yes, I am working on my studio and you read my mind about the kaleidoscope thing in there - my plan - embroidery hoop art wall :)

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Beautiful blog! I just found you via Lisa Roy. I am another Muskoka blogger (a realtive newbie), and I have been thoroughly enjoying exlporing your blog...I will defnitiely be back. Thanks for sharing!