Thursday, December 15, 2011

days of december...oh no! no snow!


all it took was a couple full days of rain
and above zero temps.
gone.
all of it.
green grass in my yard.
today was miserable.
sideways rain that rattled the windows.
yucky.
not exactly the kind of day
that makes you want to Christmas shop...
or bake or wrap.
it just made me want to do laundry and wear my jammies
all day.
and wait.


luckily there is a smidgen in the forecast...
a wee sprinkling...
hopefully just enough
to whiten and brighten...
add that sparkling touch to everything
as far as the eye can see.
i have never had a "green" Christmas.
it would just be weird.
xox

3 comments:

livjewellery said...

I agree! But look out your window - I see just a bit!! :)

Shauna and MacLean said...

We haven't really had any but I agree just a bit on christmas da would be perfect⛄⛄

Elizabeth said...

Could it be that there will be no snow :( That would be sad. It would have to be a freak storm for us to have any. We have had a dusting or two in the years I have lived here, but it is very rare!!

I hope you get a white Christmas!