Thursday, January 12, 2012

cinnamon


i've known about the magic of cinnamon...
but of course having knowledge is only half of it.
we actually ran out sometime ago
and with the rush of december
i kept forgetting to pick up more.


well,
it's back.
cinnamon is a great tool for lowering blood sugar.
we add it to our coffee...
i add it to cereal, yogurt, french toast...


i've done more research lately
and so now i will add even more cinnamon to my life.
it's that good.


*breakfast*
greek yogurt
a heaping spoonful of cinnamon
another heaping spoonful of ground flax
drops of vit D
raspberries
(mix it and eat it)
***
then go dance
xox

6 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love cinnamon! I eat cereal or oatmeal for breakfast every morning and I always sprinkle it generously with cinnamon. I even keep an extra jar of cinnamon in the cereal cabinet!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

That looks like a yummy breakfast. I've always been a cinnamon girl ... even add it to chili.

Elizabeth said...

Yep, that is a good breakfast!!!! I was taking concentrated cinnamon gel pills from Whole Foods, but they got too expensive. So, it is back to doing it the old school way :)

lisaroy said...

I love cinnamon and I've been using a lot of it in my oatmeal lately! I can't believe you are insulin resistant! I just found out in late November that I am too! After having my doctor in Canada brush off my complaints for over a year, I finally booked an appt with an endocrinologist here in Dubai and after 4 appointments in one week, he already had be diagnosed!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like my kinda breakfast.
x

Leanne said...

Lisa Roy...you are my soul sista...xo