Monday, January 09, 2012

my 2012 word


it took me all day.
you can only imagine the words
that came and went.
funny that i had such a hard time
to complete this small task.
the problem is obvious...
i need to focus.
i never made my big 2012 list.
the kitchen didn't get the fine tuned cleaning
that i had planned.
the christmas tree is still up.
rolls of wrapping paper are in the hall.
curtains didn't get hemmed.
not a single photo was taken.
the really funny thing
is that i never stopped working around here today.
never left the house.
no t.v.
no nap.
no "me" time.
just
NO FOCUS.

i used to have more focus.
i wasn't super great at it,
but i was very good at the list part.
so for right now...in this moment...
i will focus...
on what i need to focus on.
:)
time to make a list.
 i promise to make it.
xox
(how brave of me to post this photo with no mascara on!)

6 comments:

Shauna and MacLean said...

Love the photo you are a beautiful person and your soul is gentle i love it and what a great word! You go girl What camera are u using these days?

Leanne said...

Oh thank you Shauna, you are such a great friend...I get a bit bummed when I think of all the hours we sat during dance classes and never "really" got to know each other!!
For the last couple years I've been using my Nikon D60. It's a great camera...I have no clue how to properly use it though...lol...lessons are on my list. FOCUS! haha xo

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That is a great word Leanne! Cute post and you look adorable!

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Fabulous! I might have to borrow that word...I am all over the place right now trying to map out 2012...focus...can I share?
Thanks and best of luck in your focussing!
btw you are beautiful...mascara or no mascara!

Leanne said...

I am glad to share my word & thank you! xo

Tamara said...

awesome post! so glad you shared your word...and truly love your blog. can't wait to see where "focus" takes you in 2012. sending peace and love from california...tamara @ smiling from grandma. :)

{ps..my word is "document." we'll see what happens with it!}