Tuesday, April 02, 2013

why i love windmills...


this book is why.
i found an image of the cover online...
but it is in this house...somewhere.
i would never get rid of it.
when i was about 11 or 12 i read it...
and then i read it again and again.
written by Hila Feil,
it tells a lovely story of an 11 year old girl
who spends a summer in a windmill...
sharing it with many woodland creatures.
this book became my little secret childhood wish.
it still is.


i should go find that book
and read it today.
i could use a summer windmill story right about now.


i do this every spring...
wait impatiently for a warm breeze and chirpy birds.
daydream of hammocks, wildflowers and bare feet.
chipmunks, bunnies and baby mice.


yesterday was so yucky.
snowy, blowy...chilly.

so we just tried to ignore it.
(yes, i layer my granny squares. don't even worry about it)
xox

2 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

What a gorgeous little book, I wish there were more windmills where I live!
Hope you had a lovely easter break x

lisaroy said...

I can't believe how winter is just hanging on this year! Especially compared to the last couple of years. I sure hope things start "springing" up soon! We've got a nasty sandstorm here today which is supposed to last for a couple of days. Needless to say, it's all indoors for me.