Wednesday, May 15, 2013

may days....



our elsie has danced since she was just little...
we chose to keep her out of competitive dance,
it was just not something we were comfortable with.
this year she was asked to enter...
and i knew it was great timing.
she's a natural born tapper (if you ask me)



so after only two years of tap
she came away with a high silver...
somebody is already thinking ahead to next year...

may also brings her birthday...
i have to tell you that she was the happiest child...
and funny too.
she loved to sneak into mama's bed and cuddle
until she was old enough to know better.

i never complained...
i knew that someday it would stop.
those years happen too quickly...
thank goodness i was home everyday with both girls.

i didn't miss a thing.
(grateful, honoured...and so, so lucky)

because before you know it, your oldest baby
is doing things like this....
backpacking for 2 months.
(she's home in 4 sleeps)
i wonder who she'll be now.
hoping that she missed us a bit...
and that travelling europe has
helped her to know herself more.
almost 19...
oy.


while she's been away
she's missed easter, two birthdays,
a dance competition and mothers day.


it will be nice to have her home,
safe and sound.


moms worry about things...
every little thing you can imagine.


somebody took advantage of her sister's absence...
moms don't have favourites silly,
but you ARE my favourite elsie in the whole world.
always and forever.
xox

...and also this month
i started my new job.
working for an interior design firm.
baby steps back into what i love.
it's a retail shop with design services...
kinda perfect for me.
it's all about the right timing...
xox


5 comments:

Linda said...

So nice getting to know you better, Leanne...
Your daughters are beautiful...[like their Mom]...
Kudos on the Silver...backpacking...and of course...the new job!!!!
Love your flower photos...awesome!
Enjoy your loooong weekend...

Cheers!
Linda :o)

Melinda said...

I'm sure the girls enjoyed having Mom home with them as they grew up.
I know I did.

Your new place of business looks like fun.

M :)

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

Travel will make her grow so much and appreciate home and her family even more. I travelled overseas for 6 months when I was 19 and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! She is a stunner, I love that first b&w photo :)

lisaroy said...

Great smiles! who wouldn't love all those cuddles? I'm sure you'll be very thrilled to have her home - and the stories she will have to share!
The job sounds like so much fun - I'm a little envious.
And yes, it's hitting 40C already so I'm doing a bit of pinning to pass the time! :)

Julia said...

Oh yes, they do grow up too quickly don't they!? My daughter is four and will start preschool in the fall as she has always been home with me . I am a bit nervous and excited at the same time!