Thursday, May 22, 2008

i think i can


getting all enthusiastic. thinking positive. optimistic even. here i go again. being a worry wort. leanne, it's only 18 dollars worth of fabric. why all the anxiety?
hey, i know i can sew. i made this bag.... the stitching is neat and tidy. it is a very smart little bag. i was reminded of it after i saw the one that alicia had made for herself (of course hers is patchwork and is soooo pretty)(i love alicia).
i haven't made a dress in about 12 years. i now have a beautiful new machine, which i am sure will make this easy as pie. i am hoping to start it tomorrow, unless it is a warm sunny day out because then it would be a shame to not be out in the yard. i have lots of new plants to get into the garden. russian sage, lavender, bee balm, hydrangea and a lilac. lots of blues and whites is what i'm going for. soft pinks would look nice against the house too...
get the dress done.
i know.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Leanne, what pattern company is that dress? I LOVE it. I haven't had time to look at any pattern books lately,so it doesn't look familiar. I love the cut of it. Also what machine did you get?
I know the anxiety of starting a project with a new machine, as you can see on my post about the ultra slippery silk designer fabric that I used on a blouse for my daughter. Then add the new anxiety over spending $200.00 on red silk for my daughter's prom dress,and you will know my mental state at the moment! I tried to put in the darn zipper three times yesterday and gave up. So today I try again and hope the zipper gods are with me. I'm on the home stretch though. Good luck with your dress, the fabric is pretty,and the pattern is adorable!