Tuesday, December 30, 2008

sad day


Our Miss Mimi had to go today. Yesterday we discovered that something just wasn't right with her. She wasn't her normal self and she wasn't using her litter box. My first guess was an infection. The vet was perplexed during the ultrasound...unable to find her bladder. He couldn't find it because it wasn't where it should have been. For some unexplainable reason, her bladder was now located outside of her abdomen and it was infected. He was not sure if she was born this way or she had suffered some kind of tendon injury. He had never heard of this let alone treated any animal with this problem. Surgery would have been risky and there was no guarantee that she would have recovered to her old self. Mimi was 5 years old. I picked her out of a litter when she was just 3 days old. I said I want that one...She was the only Calico. I brought her home a few weeks later in a cotton bag and handed it to Emma. She had no idea. It was a good day! So...we did our best. She never suffered a minute. I am thankful that we caught this before she became sick and unhappy. It could have been so much worse. She was purring right down to the last second. We love you Mimi. Thank you for all the love. Thank you for all the laughs. You will NOT be forgotten...xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your kitty :{

Elizabeth said...

Aww, poor little lady :( My little parakeet is not well right now,and I think that her days are numbered. I don't want to take her to the vet, as I think it is something that is serious and not fixable. Yet, I get more and more sad seeing her having troubles breathing. I feel your pain.