Tuesday, June 15, 2010

why i love lavender...


it came into my life when i was desperate for comfort and healing. this sweet and dainty flower became a sort of medicine...a cure for broken hearts. something to help us all sleep at night...giving our sorrow a bit of time off.

it's unmistakable scent became a part of my life. like scents do. it brings tears to my eyes, but also reminds that such pain could only come from a mother's love....and how can that be a bad thing? so here i am in june...almost 8 years later, and the presence of lavender brings back who she was to us and what we're all missing each day that goes by without her. marilyn june...mom and nanny...


**update for you blog hoppers...nice to meet you!
this is my first time for friday flowers...
it's an old post but one of my favorites.
have a great weekend.
xox

7 comments:

Shauna and MacLean said...

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful person!

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! Both your kind words and the photos. I need to go out and clip some of mine :)

Leanne said...

thanks girls...

Sondra, Tim and Alexa said...

Brought tears to my eyes !! You have a wonderful way with words Leanne!

Barb said...

Funny - lavender is how my grandmother's house always smelled - and Mom and I always felt safe there. I always associated lavender with my grandma, but thinking back, now I think of Mom walking in and taking a deep breath.

Privet and Holly said...

Popping over from
Laura's when I saw
your gorgeous lavender.
My parents live in
Washington State and
every summer we go to
a lavender farm and pick
these glorious flowers!
They truly ARE healing.
Beautiful picture!
xx Suzanne

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely post. On the way to finding it I also saw double roses in a milk glass hob nail vase. Thanks for sharing,

Cheers,
Lisa x