Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the best 16 years of my life...


Emma....

It kind of snuck up on me you know? I've always understood that it would eventually happen, but that doesn't mean that I was prepared for it. How can I be? It's all so fresh in my mind still... the dolls, the make-believe, the songs and the little girl smile. Being the first born has always meant that we have figured things out together one step at a time. I still tell her now that I have never had a teenage girl and that we'll make up the rules as we go...together we will.

She's a no nonsense kind of person. Practical and logical. Wise beyond her years. She always has been. Even as a small girl she would take time to think things out before asking a question or sharing a thought. We used to shake our heads in disbelief. An old soul...

You are heading in exactly the right direction my girl...you know the right path to take. Just follow your heart and be yourself. You are truly becoming a lovely young lady...my sweet butterfly girl...We are SO proud of you, always have been and always will be. xoxo

3 comments:

livjewellery said...

What a great photo of Emma. Your girls are so beautiful. I'm looking forward to the next 10 years with Lauren, but dreading her leaving her "little-girl" years. It certainly will be bittersweet.

Coffeelover said...

I'M A LITTLE CHOKED UP :P

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

I agree with the Coffeelover...My daughters are little now and I can't imagine planning her sixteenth. Thanks for stopping by.