Thursday, February 10, 2011

i don't crochet...


a little while ago, while thrifting,
 i found a blanket for emma...
the one on the right.
it's soft and cozy and she loves it.
looks so sweet on her bed.


now mind you...
i felt so bad coming home empty handed for  elsie.

so can you imagine how tickled we were
last week to find one just for her?
it suits her..
meant to be.
i love raising thrifty girls.




10 comments:

Pinecone said...

Those are the cutest blankets. I wish I was a little more talented...sigh!
Love them!
Have a great day,
Ashlyn

BearShe Cottage said...

I don't crochet either. Tried it but never got the nack. My mom loves to crochet baby blankets. Those look girly and soft.

Anonymous said...

My mum crocheted lovely blankets for us when we moved to the coldest place on mainland Australia. Yours are lovely.

Cheers,
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanne, I just stopped over from Shannons Farmgirl blog...Your comment there caught my attention because I am in a discovery place myself. I've only had the chance to veiw a couple of your past blog posts and I have found myself shaking my head in agreement on every one! (I totally get the high school comment and have struggled with that one a bit myself). I'm hoping to have a chance this weekend to get to know you more...I read quite a few comments on Shannon's "brave" post and God had me stop at yours. I'll be praying for you. Nice to meet you! Patty

Lettered Cottage said...

These photos made me smile this morning.
Your comment on our blog did too. :-)

XO

Melinda said...

Hi--
Popped over from Gossamer Wings.
Cute blog and I just love the blankets too.
I'm your new follower and I'd like to invite you to follow me.:)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Melinda

Pretty Things said...

Those are great! I remember that pattern from when I was little. Honestly, if you ever wanted to learn to crochet, it's not hard (but of course, why learn when you can thrift, I say!)

Unknown said...

i love these! i think crocheted blankets are just adorable :) great finds!

Unknown said...

Leanne, those blankets are so beautiful! What lucky finds - both of them! My mom made my dad a granny square blanket when they were first married... someday, I would like to make one, too... but boy, that is a LOT of squares! Happy Saturday :o)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Oh so ADORABLE!
Have a happy day, Leanne xx