Wednesday, February 02, 2011

welcome february....


exams are over for emma
and elsie had a snow day...
instead of just hanging out at home
they begged me to take them
to the secondhand store...
and look who i found there!
sweet little love birds...


$3
why were they still there?
who wouldn't want them?
i always feel like the luckiest girl
when i find a treasure like this...


also today, the girls were in the mood to put up hearts
i love february.
it's another month on the way to spring...
it's short.
and then it's march.
and march it almost spring.
...spring is a beautiful thing...


i think my mantle is kinda pretty too.
{thanks boo xox}


after the hearts and lovebirds
we'll bring out the chicks
and bunnies,
because it'll be spring...
i know, i said it again.
*just a note...
i am grateful for this blog
because it helps keep my mind busy
and got me through that long month of january.
oh the days are getting longer my friends!!
xox

15 comments:

Sue said...

Yes...always so happy to have January behind us! Fingers are crossed for an early spring!!
xoxox

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

Oh, Leanne! I am loving the mantle girl! Very cute! Thanks so much on the comment about the new look of the blog! I was playing around and I think I kinda like it! Thanks sweetie, have a great evening!

Elizabeth said...

I love your sweet decorations :) I love February, and I think it flies by way too fast. I'm sure thought that you really want it to be closer to spring though.
Here today, all the blossoms are bursting from the cherry trees. Every Feb. we have about two weeks of fake spring, then the rain comes again.
I'm feeling guilty over here in California, where it was almost 70 today!

Anonymous said...

Those birds are sweet, and such a pretty blue. (I'm seeing bird figurines all over blog land). Love your mantel.

Cheers,
Lisa x

Tamara said...

yes they are getting longer! the mantle is BEAUTIFUL! i love the precious little blue birds with the red...perfect together!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the hearts. Did you have a special cutter for them? Think my daughter would love to make them

lisaroy said...

What cute little love birds! I love your little touches of Valentines. I've always loved February because the days do get longer and I know that spring is just around the corner. Though there's no snow over here in Dublin, it's a little dreary with wind and rain. But the grass is green so that's one more step closer to spring! :)

Shauna and MacLean said...

I need some new love decorations and oh my love the bird they do remind me of spring!!!

Unknown said...

i love those little blue birdies! i think i have a think for birds :)

Summer said...

I MUST TELL YOU THAT I HAVE THE EXACT SAME TRAY WITH THE FLOWERS ON IT .... IT WAS GIVEN TO ME AS A TREASURE WHEN MY FRIENDS MOM WAS MOVING FROM HER HOME INTO A RETIREMENT CENTER .....I SIMPLY LOVE IT ON YOUR WALL ABOVE THE MANTEL .... VERY NICE!

Yolanda said...

Love you decorating ideas. Hope spring comes early

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

o.k Leanne!! I took your advice and bundled him up and let him go outside! Thanks for kicking me in the rear and let him have some fun!

Anonymous said...

The birds are gorgeous, what a find! I love the hearts too.. I'm told that January can be very long in Canada and the novelty of the snow has well and truly worn off! Rachaelxx

Leanne said...

These little birds sure bring a smile to my face...glad you all like them too!! thanks!

Robin Johnson said...

I just stopped in for the first time - - so glad I did. I think your mantel looks amazing. So bright and cheerful and the heart garland is the perfect touch.

p.s. I'm crushing on your little scotty figure too! I have a soft spot for scotties.