Thursday, September 15, 2011

stay at home mom...september


right from the start i need to thank my husband.
thank you.
thank you for providing us with everything
we've ever NEEDED.
maybe we didn't always get everything we WANTED,
but that comes with the territory.
i've had a beautiful life without all the extras
that come with two incomes...
thank you for allowing me to be a
stay at home mom.
i'm heading into my 17th year with this beloved title.
the title which means that i am the one on duty 24/7,
i do everything.
(except take out the garbage and iron his shirts)
(i also don't cut the grass)
(oh, and i only assist on projects that require power tools)
xox
every september arrives just in the nick of time...
it's about now that the girls and i NEED
to just do our own thing!
the last few days that is exactly what i've been doing.
get them out the door,
have a cup of coffee,
head to the hot tub
(i love this new part of my day)


i am going to eat something before noon everyday.
i promise.
today it was humus on multigrain crackers.
is there a rule against that?
not in this house.


this is my shadow.
(my hand doesn't look like that in real life)
i am wearing my hoodie/poncho....
i KNOW, isn't that FANTASTIC??!
ok, time to make a list and get to work.
(and he thinks that all i do all day is take photos and blog!)
pffffffff....

*and to all my friends who work outside the home AND do what i do....i think you are amazing... xo*

5 comments:

Shug said...

I too am a stay at home (wife) and I love it! I figure that if even if I just made minimum wages, I could bring home a pretty good check each week!!! I love being needed...
Hugs,
shug

Elizabeth said...

I'm still a stay at home mom myself, as my 21 year old is still at home :) So I guess I've been at it since my oldest, which would make that 26 years, Yikes!!

Melinda said...

Looks like fun! Enjoy.

melinda

cathleen said...

And I am HAPPY for you! I stay home now...but I'm OLD! When my twin sons started kindergarten I started to work because I had to. I hated it. Absolutely HATED it. I am so happy now to be my own boss and stay home every day and just have fun...BLISS!

Jill Taylor said...

You an amazing stay at home MOM! Keep doing what you do ....we all love you. mauuuuuh!