So here I am...
24 days in.
I'm pretty sure that I have lost readers by now.
I believe that you either understand this information
because you are "one" or you know "one"...
...or not.
There will be people in my life (and blogland) who
won't "get it".
I can see how this can happen...
because everyone has some of the same traits as me.
Many people have hurt feelings,
regrets, a love of art and music...or a gut instinct.
Others may not enjoy crowded places, negative people
or stressful situations.
But you won't understand unless you are like me.
I really am a highly sensitive person.
My brain never shuts down.
I hear everything going on around me.
I enter a room and observe every little detail.
I take things personally.
I am my own worst critic.
And when I haven't taken the time I need to recharge...
my body shuts down.
My muscles tighten and my joints become painful.
I get terrible headaches and I have no energy.
Stress, anxiety and overstimulation actually makes me sick.
I understand completely how this sounds like
an excuse or something.
A reason to be selfish...
but this is not true.
This is about me finding out why I react, feel, think
and learn the way I do.
It's been a relief to discover that I
have options on how to deal with overstimulation.
And how amazing is it to find out
that I can offer positive "stuff" to the
people in my life?
What an "aha moment" to finally figure out
that not everyone is as sensitive as me...
and they're not "insensitive"...they're just the other 80%...
...fascinating...
isn't it?
This is where the change begins.
I see everything differently now.
It's time to re-write certain parts of my past
(because I probably took things too personally)
and move forward with some new rules.
it's a beautiful thing.
I'm going to finish the month off
on a lighter note.
Good stuff...easy reading...
eye candy...positive self-loving thoughts....
...good night...
xoxox
|
7 comments:
Leanne,
I've really enjoyed these posts. I've long suspected I could be a HSP and my husband agrees. I used to think it was depression, but I know it isn't. I have been able to relate to practically all of your posts on the subject, and found them really helpful. My husband says I also have a highly sensitive sense of smell and hearing.
All the blogs I was a follower of, I've stopped following because I prefer to read them all through my Google Reader subscription. So while I may not show as a follower of "little thing called life" I am definitely subscribed and love reading.
Hugs,
Lisa (previously from Informal Home)
How did u discover this I know that my MacLean is a HSP and I feel like I have learned so much about her from you. I have read every post and then go back to re read some
Thanks
S xoxo
Lisa and Shauna...this started out as something I wanted to do for myself, because the moment I read about it I realized that this was me. I'm sure there are varying levels of sensitivity...I believe I am Very, very hs. I took a test and ticked off nearly every box. I wanted the people in my life to better understand how I am wired differently than they are.
I hadn't considered that others would see it in themselves or someone they knew...what a bonus!
Thanks for sticking with me through this.
xoxo
It's been awesome reading your posts Leanne. So much of it has been a lightbulb moment for me. The biggest thing I got from it (besides realizing that's the reason I am the way I am), was the point about other people not being as insensitive as I thought they can be sometimes. It's really just a case of me being more sensitive than the average person. Helps me keep things in perspective - so thank you.
Also, I can be very emotional, or let things get to me. Past situations stay a long time, and I get extremely drained when I'm on the go all the time, or spend time with people who talk non-stop or are very negative. I treasure my alone time.
I'm looking forward to reading more.
Hugs,
Lisa
These have been great posts and I'm so glad you shed some light on this for me. I always knew that I was a bit sensitive and could be overly emotional but this all makes so much sense to me now!
I think for me, it has made me also realize that my perception of how others have behaved or spoken to me has been highly sensitive and I've taken things much too personally when there was no need to. I hang onto so many things from the past and often find myself having a bit of a pity day - remembering these certain situations and dwelling on them. It just ultimately brings me down, I shed some tears and need someone to just give me a kick in the pants!
Rather than feeling wronged by others and harbouring resentment, I now know that I'm inclined to do so and can hopefully use what I've learned to "lighten up". Quit dwelling on things (the other person certainly isn't!). And, limit my time with negative, toxic people who drain me and stress me out.
xo
I have learned. So much about myself my daughter and the kids I teach I am a better person because if you and your openness thank you!
thank you ladies...you've made my day...
this 31 day challenge has had it's moments, but it's been a life changer for me too. xo
Post a Comment