Sunday, October 09, 2011

discovering...day 9

the sun just keeps on shining brightly on this
Thanksgiving long weekend.
i pulled up some favorite old photos again,
because it is just too nice a day to be sitting here
cropping and editing new stuff!


so here we go...
highly sensitive people can easily become stressed.
it is vital to design a strong stress management program
to lead a thriving and healthy life.


-daily physical activity
-get enough sleep, if your spouse snores
or has difficulty sleeping
get separate rooms.
-never skip meals and avoid chemical additives
and preservatives.
-avoid alcohol, coffee and sugar.
-set boundaries and limit your exposure
with toxic people and relationships.
-learn to say "no".
-limit your time around electronics.
-avoid harsh chemicals.
-make time everyday to re-charge by meditating,
doing yoga, reading, listening to calming sounds,
dimming the lights, enjoying nature or being creative.
-spend time near water.
-do what feels right.
-bring flowers into your home.


i hope all my Canadian friends are enjoying turkey
and stuffing...cranberries and pumpkin pie.
i may have to skip out on tomorrow,
as i am hosting the feast, but i'll be sure not to forget
day 10...
xox

2 comments:

Shauna and MacLean said...

I hope your turkey day was wonderful we were so blessed with the glorious weather. Now how did u begin this journey of discovery? I am thinking that my sweet MacLean is definately a HSP just need some ion on wher to turn for some reading material although I have learned so very much from you thank you Leanne.

Leanne said...

Shauna I found all this by accident...and once I started reading more about it I realized that this was me! Everything I've learned so far was just from using good old google. I think the important thing I've found is that I must take the time to "recover" or "re-charge" or else I get worn down. My body reacts to stress. I have a lot of changes to make in my life. I'm feeling pretty positive about it all. Inbox me on FB anytime friend!