Friday, December 09, 2011

days of december...


it's early in the season...
but he's bored already.


oliver still wants to go out every half hour,
but his little feet get frozen
and he gets snowballs hanging from his belly fur.
he likes to run around and bark
at the deer that aren't there anymore.
silly oliver.


the other night was the annual food drive...
pretty exciting stuff for our quiet street.
sirens and flashy lights.
santa running down the middle of the road...
i. did. not. know. that santa could run!?
oh and oliver thought this was even more exciting
than deer that aren't there.


and that right there...
is a snow cloud.
the air smelled like snow.
it sure had a chilly december feel in the air.


allie is in denial.
"what the heck is going on here?"
she also wants out every half hour...
but only for 2 minutes.
so i just stand there waiting for her
to head back to the door.
of course she doesn't want to go out
at the same time as oliver...
so every 15 minutes one of them
does something to get my attention.
they are very serious about this.


loving the december full moon...
last night it was a glorious view from the hot tub.
big fluffy clouds flying through the night sky.
wind whipping through the trees. (and my hair)
peek-a-boo stars.
winter has arrived...might as well enjoy it.

4 comments:

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

Beautiful! Winter is one of the most beautiful times of the year in Muskoka...course I'd be okay if it didn't last quite so long, but beggars can't be choosers. Happy Day to you!

Shauna and MacLean said...

Love your photos and my Scout would stay out shaking like a leaf all the time if I let him! So funny I hope they meet someday I think they would be good buddies!

livjewellery said...

I don't know about those deer that aren't there, Leeann. Last night around 11:30 Heidi let out a huge bark and when we went to the back door, Mama and baby deer were walking slowly behind our swingset. I don't know how she knew that they were there, but she did! Maybe Oliver knows something that you don't. ;)

lisaroy said...

Your full moon shot is gorgeous! I think Christmas in Muskoka is my favourite - the quiet stillness and piles of fluffy snow. And the deer.
And Oliver is so cute - he reminds me of our little Martha (shitzu-poodle) - identical looking except for the brownish colouring on Oliver was more black/grey on Martha.