Monday, December 12, 2011

days of december...thinking of Kristen...



I can't just pretend that this is going to be a normal December.
There is nothing normal about it.
We go about our days...
things manage to get done.

So many conversations about this girl the last few days.
We just sit and shake our heads...
and ask why?

She's 11 years old.
She is our niece.
Information trickles in after each doctor's appointment.

Kristen is funny and extremely intelligent for her age...
inquisitive, strong and loving.
She has a wicked, full and infectious laugh.

She has cancer.
A brain tumor.
We are sick about it every minute.
Heartbroken.
I almost can't handle it...
thinking of everyone's desperate and terrified feelings.
It's all happened so fast...
she'll have surgery Wednesday, 6 weeks of radiation
 and   
then 5 months of chemo in isolation.                       
 They're going to do everything they can for this girl.
I'll be filling in the gaps...
I've gathered all my angels
and we've had a big talk.
xox


 





7 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Stories like this just break your heart. Children should not have to go through these things. And I know that for you it's not just a story, it's a beautiful little girl you hold close to your heart. I will keep Kristen and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Tamara said...

This is heartbreaking to read...and I can only imagine how hard it is to have it be a part of. Kristen...and her crew of family and friends are in my prayers.

Motherkitty said...

How very sad and disheartening. I have never understood why things like this happen to children. It just doesn't seem right.
Please know that I have placed her name in my God box and will be praying for her.
Don't give up hope.

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

So sorry that your family is dealing with such heartache. My thoughts are with each of you as together you fight this battle. Keep those angels working and the rest of us will rally our thoughts and prayers for Kristen as well.

Shauna and MacLean said...

Oh my goodness Leanne why do we have to see this happen. What a sweet girl. I will be saying extra prayers for her and your family. Hugs to you all
Xo

Coffeelover said...

Sending up some special prayers for this little one and the family too!

Elizabeth said...

Oh that is so sad Leanne. Big hugs to you and your family. I hope she kicks that tumor's butt!