Thursday, January 19, 2012

more snow is on it's way...


this morning is a very typical january muskoka day...
it is very cold and another dumping of snow is on the way.
it's our 6th winter here.
i was raised a norther girl,
so i know the drill.
warm coat, good boots, hat, scarf, mitts.
my girls have always been wrapped up,
kept cozy and safe from the elements.
but something happens when they hit high school.
it's just not cool to dress this way.
today i watched as emma hit the trail to catch her bus...
in a skirt.
light jacket.
no hat.
at one point she turned around and saw me.
i opened the door just in time to hear her yell...
"THE SNOWWW IS TOOOOO DEEEEEP!!!!"
seventeen (and a half) years old.
suddenly she's 3 again.
 

i know she'd rather be on a beach...
we all would.

have i ever mentioned that emma must have been
a disney princess in a past life?


this is a photo from a few years ago.
i was comparing it to the one from yesterday.
see how all of my baby evergreens are just little
bumps in the snow?
oh how i love how my trees are growing.
xox

5 comments:

lisaroy said...

Love these Muskoka pics! Not nearly the snow we had last year, huh? I love the entrance to your home - the pops of red are so welcoming. And yes, why did freezing become cool in high school?

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

I'm in Seattle and we have a ton of snow as well! Apparently the biggest snow storm since 1985! Crazy!

koralee said...

We have oodles of snow too...it is not so pretty any more as the cold has come and the wind and has blown it all over the place...it is very dry and cold.
I so understand about kids and jackets...I am a teacher and everyday I am amazed at the lack of clothes my students wear in this cold weather. Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty snow photo's - look at that sunshine. I had to have another look at the one of your daughter - for a second I thought she was wearing shorts in the snow.

Shug said...

It is cold up there isn't it? We are in the 70's here in East Texas. Would love to have some Winter snow, but not sure I would want that much. We just are not prepared enough to get all that white stuff. This much snow would shut us down completely....Cute post!!
And you know, Girls will be girls!
Stay warm!
Shug