Monday, March 05, 2012

dedicated Jann Fann.....


Saturday morning I woke up
to the worst storm we've had all winter.
Crazy winds gusts, horizontal icy snow.
Everything was white.

It was one of those days
when people just don't go out if they don't have to...
but I had a drive up the highway that I HAD to make.
Not a very long drive,
but under these conditions I knew it could be treacherous.
(and I was doing it alone)

I paced all morning and checked the weather map
every 10 minutes.
I packed my emergency supplies and waited...
things seemed to be clearing up so I headed out.
Halfway there the conditions got very messy
and I started to worry.
***
But I made it.
***
I picked up my good friend Carolyn (hi friend!)
and we had a lovely dinner before the show.


Jann had made a 15 hour bus trip through the same weather
to get there too...
and although I'm sure she was exhausted,
this was the most fun I have ever seen her have.
She seemed very relaxed and it looked like
she was really enjoying herself.
Maybe that's what turning 50 means...


This was the first time I didn't cry.
Maybe it was the disco ball...or the bubbles...
or maybe it was all because of the happy surprise I had found before the show started...



Jann has a 2012 tour book...


It has a centerfold of "Jann Fanns"...


and I am in the book.
i. am. in. the. book.
I was over the moon.
Elsie is a published photographer now :)
and
I am in the book.



Thank you Ms. Arden...
"Auntie Jann" around here...
"sweater girl" to you...
I love what you do...
I love who you are...
and your words and voice go so deep into my heart
that I cannot explain it.
We are kindred spirits,
and when you sing to me
I feel so loved.
xox
See you next time...
lucky # 7 

3 comments:

lisaroy said...

how cool is that?? So awesome you are in her book! Sounds like a treacherous drive - that's Muskoka for you! Glad you made it there safe and sound xo
have a great time south!

Tamara said...

woo-hoo - so awesome! now on to the serious stuff...that drive! yikes! i have lived in california my whole life...we basically don't have scary driving weather. i'm impressed! :)

Sue said...

That is so awesome, Leanne!! Awesome!!