Wednesday, April 18, 2012

focus...what is that again?


i'm having one of those days.
18 million thoughts in my head
and i can barely form a sentence.


i spent the morning outside.
a bit chilly, but the sun is bright.
there is lots of cleaning up to do.
normally i start into it
and get in the zone...
but it didn't happen today.


not in the right mood from the start i suppose...
oh and then i see... deer have been munching on
my hostas and tulips already...


plan b...
grab camera,
be optimistic
and focus.

i cleared my head
and found some little hints of spring.

live in the moment.
eat spinach.
be grateful for every little living thing...
and that big ball of fire in the sky.
xox

5 comments:

Shug said...

Sadly...I think we all have days like this. God had something else planned for you today. Perhaps He wanted you to relax and enjoy His creations..
Hugs to you
shug

koralee said...

Oh I was feeling the same way today...but this evening I have seemed to have cleared my head. Your photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing the joy....xoxo

Tamara said...

you always do such a great job of sharing with us what's going on right here...right now. i can always relate to your words. and your photos just add to this. they're truly beautiful. thank you. :)

lisaroy said...

Gorgeous pics - I love those bright sunny spring days. I often have days like that - like wanting to work on a project but I know that my heart just isn't in it that day. I find it's best not to even start if I'm feeling that way, especially if I'm sewing, I'll be ripping out more stitches than I'll have intact xo

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful salad Leanne!! I've been feeling the same way. I think it is all the sunny weather distracting me from what I need to do.

Well, guess what? My dad is moving to Canada!! I just found out via my sister, I need to get a hold of him and see just where they are moving to. I think they are up there now, so I haven't gotten a hold of him. How funny that he should end up back where he was born. Well, not in the same town, but in the same country!! I'll fill you in when I find out the details.

Maybe when I go for a visit, I'll swing by and say hi :)