Thursday, September 06, 2012

the rest of august...






Let me start off by saying this...
don't ever try to open a youtube account
and accidentally punch in 2012 as your birth year...
'cause apparently one little mistake like that
and they will shut down your blogger account too!
Obviously I worked to fix the problem...
(after a panic attack)
I had to send them a photo of my driver's license,
as if the content of my blog wasn't enough to prove that I wasn't actually 6 months old.
ahhhhh.....live and learn! 




This summer kept us busy...
so only one project was completed.
Expanded the deck and added a nice fire feature.
I love it.
Feels like classy camping...

Mike and I made a trip to his cousin's cottage...
one night away from the girls on the last weekend.
Hard on this Mama, but everything worked out fine.
It always does...



Our niece caught more fish than I can count...
this was the biggy.
She's officially "hooked" on the sport.

 Our other niece Kristen has made such a great recovery from everything
she's been put through this year.
She managed to paddle on the lake
and trekked the trails.
Her hair is coming back...
softer than a kitten's belly.
xox


It was a beautiful family weekend...
full of celebrations.
What a year for all of us...




It was a great way to end the season...
only wish my girls could have joined us on this trip.
This was one heck of a beautiful summer...
hot sunny days...lots of memories made.

And with the arrival of September...
my baby started high school.
Time for Mama to get back into the swing of things...
xox


4 comments:

Shauna and MacLean said...

Ah our babies are in high school. Elsie looks beautiful love her style. Where is Emma off to these days? The deck and classy camping is gorgeous. Loving the fire pit and Oliver looks so sweet. Thanks for keeping us updated I need to get. Back to blogging g but have just not been motivated with the year I had but am feeling it again. Take care

lisaroy said...

Sounds like you've had a wonderful summer. Your fire pit looks awesome - my favourite thing was to roast marshmallows on ours after a day out on the Hobi kayak on the Muskoka River. As awesome as our trip to Maine was, Muskoka will always have my heart. :)

Elizabeth said...

That is a pretty funny story about you tube! I'm glad it turned out with a happy ending.

Love the fire pit in your yard, that looks super fun and cozy. Ahh the lake picture, with the clear water. How I long to sit on a waters edge like that :)

Becca said...

Haha, thanks for warning me about the issue with your birth year! I would totally make a mistake like that...

By the way, I just found your blog through Pozie Gets Cozy and love it!