Monday, September 16, 2013

my thrifty finds lately...



a sweet little e-mail started my day off in the right direction.
among other things, Lisa asked if I had
been thrifting lately...
and it reminded me of my last finds.
for some reason I have become attracted to
vintage sheets.



their beautiful floral patterns,
bright cheerful colours
and crazy low prices
keep me going back for more.
you can't buy stuff like this new.
the cotton is so soft...but heavy.
i now have a rather impressive stack.
(not like yours of course Beata! )



can't forget to include my new scottie.
he's painted pressed glass...
so there you go, all caught up.
thanks for the note friend,
i needed a kick start today.
xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leanne, your sheets are lovely and, yes, I might add, you can never have enough of those amazingly thick vintage colourful sheets -- they certainly don't make them like that any more!! (I have to admit that I'm finding fewer and fewer of them in thrift shops these days -- my family tells me that it's because I have bought out all the supplies!)

Beata xox

lisaroy said...

I love vintage sheets! I sold a lot of the little wristlets I made from them a couple years back - everyone seems to love their cheerful patterns. I'd love to make up a bunch of pillows for a screened-in porch from them someday. I need to shop in my mom's linen closet!
And of course your Scottie is adorable! Thanks for the shout-out xo