what to do when you find yourself home alone, 24 hours post-surgery and hungry...add the fact that a low fat menu is all you have to choose from. not feeling up to a lengthy process either.
1 can tomato soup
3 "cans" of water
1 cup pre-packaged soup mix (rice, barley, peas, lentils and beans)
1 or 2 cups frozen veggies (i had a bag of "spaghetti mix",onions, carrots, celery and peppers)
a sprinkling of "Mrs Dash" or whatever you like
bring the soup to a boil
add the soup mix and seasonings and simmer for about 45 minutes
add frozen veggies
simmer another 10 minutes
really yummy...kind of peppery. it gave me much needed energy and i have lots left for the next couple of days.
xo
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that you have been laid up :( I'm sure you will be up soon in no time. Get well!!!!
Sure hope your feeling better. I do drop buy to follow your blog regularly.
I'm glad you're feeling better :o) That soup recipe looks delicious!
Post a Comment