Sunday, December 26, 2010

the day after...


you won't see any actual photos of us "today" in this post.
we all have bed head...
and even though it's 5:00 pm...
we're still in jammies.
it has been the most beautiful day.
sunny and bright.



the remnants of yesterday all sitting
as if time stood still.


our tree is nearing it's end...
as i type i hear the needles drop every now and then.


yesterday was wonderful...
my little family was so good to one another.
the girls were excited to GIVE...
and watch the reaction of each other.
beautiful.
sweet and thoughtful.

it was a nice slow moving morning...
coffee and sticky buns.
nibbling on chocolate too.

we had christmas dinner last night with the big family...


the smell of turkey.
the table set for the feast....
that makes elsie so happy!


i love to watch the cousins together...

there was a lot of talk of santa...
and toys...
and how magical it all is...


We all wished for a merry little christmas...
and that's just what we received.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Nice to see a little bit of Christmas magic at your home. It looks like a cozy time full of family love and good times.
I stayed in my jammies until about 1pm, until I realized I just couldn't eat lunch in my pjs. I got myself going and set out to help Caitlin get a new digital camera.

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement! We need it! Hope you have a great New Year!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Sounds wonderful. Can I just say I loved that cute little hedgehog pic...sweet:)