Friday, January 28, 2011

high school girls


i love to blog...
gets my mind off
january(and real life)...
lately i have really worked to
create a more personal space here.
i have opened my door to the world.
putting it out there.
me.
putting me out there.
friendly, chatty and always ready to make
a new friend.
my simple blog.
no rules here.
no advertising.
my blog is not overflowing with awards
or sponsors.
simple.
fun.
so how come sometimes it makes me feel
like it's high school all over again?
the mean girls...
the cool girls...
the drama queens
and the wanna bees.
if i could go back and give my 16 year old self some advice,
it would be this...
be yourself.
carry on.
xox


thank you friends...
i'm so glad to have you here!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! You already know I completely relate :)

Well said, standing ovation!

Leanne said...

that means a lot coming from a cool girl. thanks gina! xo

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I saw your comment on Gina's blog and came over to say hello! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I came over from Gina's blog too. Wow, I thought it was just me picking up on a "vibe" in blog land. I thought I was misjudging the situation because I'm new to blogging. But there definetely is a bit of blogland snobbery going down. But hey, there will always be nice down to earth people, and they are the ones whose blogs I read, not just look at the eye candy. (I tend to just skim over the really popular cool blogs written by bloggers with over inflated egos). They are also the ones I like to comment on because I know the comments are appreciated. I'm never going to be a cool blogging woman, but so what.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you a hug. I do know this feeling well. The only thing I can say is that you will find your tribe here. (I hope I'm a part of it because I love your blog) x

Leanne said...

What great words of validation!! Thanks sooooo much...It's not so much that any of this behavior is bringing me down...it's happening out here in real life too and we thought it would end after high school!? haha...

Shauna and MacLean said...

Leanne thanks for always making it real! Love your blog it is good for my soul!

Sue said...

Love checking out your blog ALWAYS! I think you're awesome my friend!! xoxoxo

Tamara said...

perfectly said! {or i guess...written!} hats off to being yourself!

BearShe Cottage said...

Leanne, I'm glad I found your blog. I enjoy your posts and love looking at your pictures. Keep blogging. Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

You know I'm a fan :) I know exactly what you mean though. I was just thinking the same thing the other day! I love all the simple blogs with not very many followers that take the time to say thanks for stopping by. The huge ones, I never leave comments anymore, because you end up echoing what others have said and it becomes pointless.
I love my close knit little pals on mine :)

Vanessa said...

I love your blog!

koralee said...

Thank you for visiting me...your blog is lovely! xoxo

Kirsty Girl said...

Oooo I love this photo so much! Gorgeous!