for the first time in years i am growing some tomatoes ...yum...can't wait... |
![]() |
i've been busy around here weeding and planting and getting the yard spiffed up. |
![]() |
i've also been working on this project. a few weeks back i picked this dresser up from the side of the road (yes neighbours...THAT ugly dresser) but it was free and it was made to fit. |
![]() |
for a year or so we've been on the hunt... but nothing we found had the right dimensions... so when we saw this we thought "that looks pretty darn close" |
not close... bang on! and it's solid wood, but boy was it ugly... |
![]() |
good thing i'm a firm believer that it doesn't have to be perfect to be a beauty... i even decided to add paper to the top and roughed it up a bit. I LOVE IT! |
![]() |
....just take a moment... there's more. |
![]() |
this summer i am hooked on green watch out... 'cause i've got a can of spray paint... |
![]() |
and i'm trigger happy... |
![]() |
![]() |
too busy to cut the grass... but that's ok because the yard is full of wildflowers... and i love them! |











10 comments:
looks like you've been a busy DIYer! love your dresser (gotta love freebies) and your hits of green are fun. I miss Muskoka :(
Muskoka miss you too Lisa!
Tomatoes straight from the garden there is nothing better in a salad mmmm delicious!
I saw a show today where the lady has SHEDS of old stuff that she has picked up off of the road or found in the oddest of places....Neat stuff too! It is amazing what you can do with someone elses junk..
I have been crazy about GREEN this year too...Love your pots and all the other cool stuff you have painted!
Have a good evening...
shug
Everything looks so beautiful!! Mmmmmm....tomatoes!!
That looks so much better, and I love the new handles. Great makeover.
x
You loved that dress back to life- for sure! And to all the folks who would say "That ugly mustard dresser isn't coming into MY home"--they should give you a call and have them show you how to make that lump of coal into a diamond!
WELL DONE! Bravo!
Visiting from MMS Funiture Friday Linky Party,
~WHYCUZICAN in Illinois
Love those curbside finds! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower. Hope you visit me sometime soon.
How pretty! What a lucky find. Love the addition of the paper on the top, I used a map on a not-too-pretty dresser myself this week!
Visiting from MMS.
I love what you did to the wire planters especially. Love that color green. Your dresser is beautiful!
~Shanon
Post a Comment