Tuesday, October 04, 2011

discovering...day 4


i really had to dig deep to find some
photos to help me
do today's post,
"toxic people"...
because i tend to take photos of things i "like".

this photo was taken as we were heading
into Toronto one time.
i feel the same every time we arrive.
i know that i will be surrounded by stressed out people.
they're in cars, on the streets and in the buildings.
lots of toxic, unfriendly people.


HSP should arrange their lives
to avoid upsetting situations.
negative "stuff" can really deeply effect us.

*this was a castle i went to in Germany,
it was heavy and creepy, it just wasn't a very happy place
and it left me feeling off...
the surrounding area was extremely beautiful though
and that helped to balance things out.



often we learn to develop boundaries
for comfort
and safety becomes important.


HSP often "cut people out".


when people in our lives become troubled or negative
we become drained...
we feel their pain.
it can become unhealthy to stay connected
to that situation.


a finely tuned awareness
of people's intentions
will easily alert us
to people who lie,
people who bully,

people who are being fake,
people who are constantly inviting
drama into their lives.
having them in our lives
can create stress overload,
which left unchecked,
can speed the progression of stress to illness.
xox
this is why we often like to be alone.
tomorrow...how we deal with trauma.

1 comment:

lisaroy said...

oh my gosh - I can SO relate to this! I have had many a toxic person in my life and I agree that it can easily zap any positive energy right out of me.
And being one of these who cares too much about what other people think, over-analyzes, dwells on past conversations and actions, listens too easily and almost takes on other people's problems, it can leave me feeling completely wiped out.
This series of posts is so interesting! Perhaps I'm not a Highly sensitive person, but I'm definitely a Higher-than-average sensitive person.

On another note, I can just imagine the colours over there right now. Being on the Muskoka River at this time of year was my favourite thing!