Friday, October 07, 2011

discovering...day 7


this is elsie and i.
we are a lot alike.
we often know exactly what the
other is thinking.
it makes us smile.
we both tend to have intuitive empathy...
we absorb people's pain and sadness
and then become exhausted.
we have a high level of
awareness of other's (and each other's) needs.
***
HS people often have the ability to pick up on
other's emotions without words being exchanged.
they have an uncanny ability to know things without
being told.
sometimes when we meet someone for the first time
we experience alarm signals...
a sinking inside,
a catch in the breath.
"It goes beyond the senses as we know it.
It's the ability to intuit the mystery"
-J Orloff M.D. author of Intuitive Healing.
***
so this is where I might have lost a few of you...
not everyone will believe in it...
bottom line is that we have a very strong "gut feeling".
doesn't everyone have a bit of this?
i trust mine completely,
because it has rarely been wrong.
xox
tomorrow i'll share what i've learned about
how being highly sensitive can effect your health
if you don't know how to manage it.

4 comments:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I 100% get what you mean, sadly my gut is usually wrong. x hivenn

Elizabeth said...

You haven't lost me. I can see a photo of someone and have a feel for who they are, and what is going on behind the eyes. I'm rarely wrong.

I was telling Caitlin about your post and she thinks she fits into this category as well. She is a really good judge of character.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I listen to my gut feeling and it rarely leads me astray. I so get what you are saying. Is this your daughter? She looks exactly like you!

lisaroy said...

What a great pic of you and your daughter. So nice that you both "get" each other. I've always been able to read people so easily and can foresee something happening before most people even consider it. My gut is a very good gauge and I've learned to trust it (I wish I had years ago - it would be interesting to see where it would have led me).