Thursday, November 10, 2011

Jann.....

Jann Arden.
She's as real as you can get.
I have been a big fan for many years.
I have been to five concerts
and I own every cd, dvd and book she has out there.
She is my favourite.


I don't think she realizes how amazing she is.


How could she know that her voice
not only sounds beautiful...
but it has an ability to touch my heart?


Her talents go way beyond song writing and singing...
she is clever and funny,
perfect for radio.
Fun to watch on tv.


Her accomplishments are many.
She is a Canadian sweetheart...


For the last few weeks she has been promoting
her new book and new cd.
The book is a memoir and her
personal story reads like a novel.
It is funny, happy, smart, honest and sad.
Just like her.
I now can relate to her on a whole new level.
Her songs have brand new meanings to me.
She is sincerely pouring out her heart.
Her songs are personal and honest.


I've never made it a habit to go out of my way
to meet a celebrity...but last week I did,
without hesitation.
After years of supporting her
it was nice that she knew who i was.
We've corresponded and I
have always been thankful of how she took the time
to stay in touch with me.
I hope she knows that this visit had nothing to do
with getting an autograph or two...
I just wanted to tell her how much I appreciated her.
Everyone needs to hear it...
no matter who they are.
 


So as if my week could get any better...
front row and centre tickets.


The show was in the most beautiful
auditorium I have ever been to.
(Jann mentioned something the same)


It was a charity concert
and Jann sent us all home with signed books.
There was no photography during the performance...
and I'm glad.
I might have missed the special looks she sent my way.
It was a night I'll never forget...
completely spoiled now for any future concerts.
It was like no one else was in the building.
Cozy and personal.
Like always, her music moved me to tears...
Thanks Jann.
xox




the first five photos were borrowed from various sources including a fb fan page.
thanks for sharing.

3 comments:

Shug said...

Oh wow...how wonderful for you! Congrats! Enjoyed this post..
shug

lisaroy said...

How fun! I've always loved her - her music is awesome and I love her sense of humour :)

Sue said...

Wow!! That's awesome, Leanne! What a wonderful time and opportunity for you! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!! xoxo