Saturday, January 07, 2012

hello there


every single time i see them
i hold my breath...
tippy toe run to my camera..
snap snap...
and then i wave,
"hi deer!"


tonight while working in the kitchen
i saw this....
and i said to myself,
"you don't need another photo of some pretty clouds"
...i dropped everything and ran for my nikon...again.


elsie spent the afternoon cleaning and tidying her room.


it's the sweetest little space.


i may not be any good at helping with math...


but i have taught my girls the lesson
of how to make a room express your personality.




this bedroom is as sweet, warm,
cute and full of love as she is.



my day was mostly about laundry.
tomorrow is the last day of our winter vacation...
that means monday is mama's first day alone
in 16 days.
i will be making my 2012 list...
and coming up with my "word" of the year.
have you done that yet?

6 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That room is so full of personality! And Elsie is a beauty!

Elizabeth said...

What a cute room! I never get tired of seen the deer around here either, and we get a lot of them. They are so majestic looking to me.

Happy 2012

Jo @ In Corners of My Mind said...

What a wonderful room! And as always the photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

lisaroy said...

Elsie is so cute! And what a wonderful room - my room growing up didn't even come close to being as pretty.
And congrats on your first day alone - I'm sure you're savouring every minute :)

Pinecone said...

Oh my goodness what a sweet room!! Love the hat stand - and what a cutie she is.
I laugh about the deer - I love watching them too. We love watching the squirrels too - it doesn't take much to entertain us over here!!
I love that you are watching Once Upon a Time with your girlie too.
xo
Ashlyn

Farmgirl Paints said...

Your pics are so pretty. I got a little depressed on my first day after break. Heaven knows I wanted some alone time but it didn't take long for the loneliness to seep in.